Hello! Happy Monday to you, I hope this day finds you well 🙂 It’s getting close now isn’t it? Christmas!!! There is absolutely no denying or ignoring it now, so in the spirit of the season I thought today I would try and list some of the things I really like about Christmas! So here it goes, in no particular order;
1. The weather (when it’s cold), what better than wrapping up in snugly clothes on a cold day, or treating yourself to a yummy hot chocolate complete with marshmallows and cream, of course!
2. The lights and decorations, sparkle sparkle!
3. Everyone’s enhanced mood, usually good, thankfully!
4. The music, especially the classics, some voices were just made for Christmas.
5. Giving and receiving gifts, especially when you give a gift to someone and you know you nailed it by the look on their face 🙂
6. Time spent with family and friends, always a winner, but especially so at this time of year.
7. The Winter Solstice! This might seem on odd one, but I will explain further in my next post!
8. Christmas films and tv. Three little letters say it all….Elf 🙂
9. The food, you just can’t beat a good old traditional Christmas dinner!
10. The magic! Christmas is a magical time, and being an old school romantic I love the idea that anything can and does happen at Christmas time 🙂 I haven’t lost that magic yet and I really really hope I never do 🙂
And that’s pretty much it, more or less 🙂 There is something in the air at this time of year that I struggle to put into words, so I am going to stop trying and just enjoy it 🙂